In today’s environment, it has become increasingly important for local businesses to be visible on the major search engines (Google, Yahoo and Bing) as consumers are searching for their services.  Search engines are now the #1 source for consumers when they are looking for local services. SEO for local business has become the most important marketing strategy in the marketplace.

Below is our SEO strategy for Local Business:

Step 1 – Build out the website on the major search engines. A typical business website has 7- 8 pages (Home– About Us – Our Services – Product/Services – Blog-Area Attractions – Contact Us). That does not create a lot of indexation or placeholders on the major search engines. Many businesses provide only a few other pages dependent upon what they do with their service.

By building out the website and creating separate pages for each of these services (combined with city modifiers), the business can get listed on the search engines for each of those different keyword combinations. Here is an example: Home–About Us—Product–Services—Area Attractions (ie. About Savannah)–Contact Us–Blog. Sub-pages for products- [City] Servicel, [City] product.

They often provide services in a large number of towns outside their primary city. In order to be found on the major search engines for EACH of those sub-cities, additional pages need to be created: Sub-pages for each sub-city serviced – ie. Beaufort (your service), Bluffton (your service), Savannah (your service).

Step 2 – Optimize Pages for search engines: Once the pages are built for each of your services, each of the pages need to be optimized from an SEO perspective so that the search engines understand what the page is about and list you for those words.

Here are some of the most important items that need to be taken care of for on-page search engine optimization (SEO): Unique title tag on each page H1 tag re-stating that title tag on each page Images named with primary keywords URL should contain page keyword Anchor text on each page and built into the footer  – Hilton Head (service) XML Sitemap should be created and submitted to Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.

Step 3 – Inbound Links Once the pages are built out and the “On-page” SEO is complete, the next step is getting inbound links. Everything we have done up to this point is similar to laying the ground work, you have to have the pages in order to even be in the running. However, it is the number of QUALITY inbound links to those pages that is going to determine placement.

SEO For Local Business Must Utilize On-Page and Off-Page SEO Strategies 30% of SEO is On-Page type work The other 70% is Link Building (from external websites, blogs and social media) Once the pages are built out, you are just getting started. The only way to get your site to rank above your competition is by having MORE quality inbound links to your site.

An explanation of On-Page and Off-Page SEO is explained on the Search Engine Optimization Services page. He Who Has The MOST Quality Inbound Links WINS! There are a number of things that you can do to increase the number of inbound links to your site.

Association Links – Be sure that you have a link to your website from any industry associations that you belong to (plumbing association, Chamber of Commerce, networking groups, etc.). Directory Listings – Get your site listed on as many listing directories as possible (Angie’s List, Yahoo Local Directory, Judy’s Book, Yelp.com, etc.). Create interesting content/articles about your industry.

This is probably the #1 source of inbound links because you can write an article about something like “Why homes are selling better this year,” and push it out to thousands of article directory sites each containing a link back to a specific page on your website. If you build out your site for all of your services, optimize the pages using SEO best practices and then systematically obtain inbound links to those pages and sub-pages, you will start to DOMINATE the search engines for the real estate related keywords in your area.

We  can help get you TOP placement on Google for the majority of the real estate related keywords in your area along with the most powerful Real Estate Online Marketing Strategy developed. However, we only work with ONLY ONE real estate professional in each city. Call us at 843-422-745

CEO of SEO